luni, 22 decembrie 2008

carpe diem


just to jot down some thoughts before I forget them…. was wondering what else today can bring if tomorrow is already here…..someone told me today...or yesterday as everything is relative to when and where you are .... and maybe many other references but I don’t want to go now too deep into this direction….so several times I’ve been told: “Carpe Diem”…. initially I failed to grasp the meaning…mea culpa…:-) I must’ve skipped that Latin lesson…I was sure it must be something linked to religion and blamed my ignorance to the fact that so far I resisted pretty well to going to church… being in front of the screen though and in between messaging I sneaked to Wikipedia…and here it is for those of you who like me are curious but skipped your Latin classes: Carpe Diem
"Carpe diem is a phrase from a Latin poem by Horace (See "Source" section below). It is popularly translated as "seize the day". The general definition of carpe is "pick, pluck, pluck off, gather" as in plucking or picking a rose or apple, although Horace uses the word in the sense of "enjoy, make use of, seize."[1]"
peace and happiness ...this last one was me scribbling again

Niciun comentariu: